There’s something very gratifying about finding a nutritious and tasty recipe that the whole family loves. What makes it even better is if it’s easy to throw together last minute! These Thai Chicken Veggie Bowls hit the mark in every way–not only packed full of nutrition, but also delicious and super easy to prepare.
I made two new year’s resolutions this year—one of which was to simplify my life, and the other to eat more vegetables. Funny—even as a registered dietitian, I still find it challenging to get enough every day.
I spend a lot of time and energy making sure that my three kids are served balanced meals and snacks, but too often forget about myself. I’m working on this, as I know many of my fellow multi-tasking moms are too.
March is National Nutrition Month, and this year’s theme is “Take the Fight Out of Food”. I guess you could say that I’m taking the fight out of food by giving myself a break, and cutting a few corners in the kitchen (which aligns perfectly with my resolutions).
One of my ‘kitchen shortcuts’ is buying pre-washed and pre-chopped veggies. Having them ready to go makes my life so much easier, and definitely boosts the likelihood that I’ll meet my daily quota. It also gives me more time to spend with my kids in the evening, and cuts down on clean up time, which means I can actually sit and eat with my kids (which offers so many benefits in itself).
I was lucky enough to partner with Mann’s, who has a new line-up of veggie products that I’m really excited about, and—to be honest—has me breathing a huge sigh of relief as a busy mom. These fresh, pre-washed, ready-to-use products (that are also preservative-free and gluten-free), include their Culinary Cuts (which I used in my Thai Chicken Veggie Bowl recipe) and Nourish Bowls—delicious warm veggie and whole grain bowls that are ready in 3-4 minutes. You can’t go wrong!
Two-Pan Thai Chicken Veggie Bowls
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 bags Mann’s Cauliflower Cauliettes
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/2 bag Mann’s Broccoli Clovers
- 1 bag Mann’s Shaved Brussel Sprouts
- sesame seeds and/or a drizzle of hoisin sauce for garnish (optional)
Soy Sesame Sauce:
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 5 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 F (convection setting) and have two non-stick baking sheets on hand
- Combine the Soy Sesame Sauce ingredients in a large glass measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together and set aside.
- Spread the Mann’s Culinary Cuts Cauliflower Cauliettes evenly over on one of the baking sheets. Place the chicken on top of the cauliflower (dispersed evenly). Sprinkle each chicken thigh with equal parts of cayenne pepper. Drizzle with half of the sauce and gently mix with your hands to make sure that everything is coated evenly.
- On the second baking sheet, spread out the pepper strips, Mann’s Culinary Cuts Broccoli Clovers and Mann’s Culinary Cuts Shaved Brussel Sprouts. Drizzle with remaining half of the sauce, mixing gently to make sure the veggies are coated.
- Place both sheets in the pre-heated oven, and bake at 375 F for about 40 minutes (until the juices run clear in the chicken, and the veggies are roasted). Periodically check the veggies and, using a spatula, flip and mix the veggies a few times to ensure that they cook evenly. When done, allow a few minutes to cool before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional). Enjoy!
- The Shaved Brussel sprouts and Cauliflower Cauliettes will shrink and cook quicker than the other veggies, so you may want to remove from the oven prior to the 40-minute mark, unless you don’t mind them being a little bit charred.
~Thank you to Mann’s for sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions are my own.~
You can find Mann’s Culinary Cuts and Nourish Bowls at Safeway and Save-on Foods here in Calgary, Alberta.