At the Centre for Family Nutrition, we provide parents and caregivers with the helpful, practical tools, tips, resources and support they need to confidently raise healthy, body-accepting, intuitive eaters, from day one.
We envision a vibrant community that is free from diet culture, so that children can fully bloom in all areas of life.
Parents feel a sense of relief, peace of mind, community and support when it comes to feeding their children.
Parents feel supported to raise children who trust their bodies, enjoy a variety of foods mindfully and who have a positive relationship with food and body long term.
The work that we do is guided by our core values:
Our Relationship with Families:
- We treat families with respect and dignity.
- We listen with kindness and compassion.
- We meet families and caregivers where they are at and recognize that everyone has different and unique histories, culture, relationships and needs.
- We practice using a cultural safety lens, which means that we honour and recognize that each family has unique cultural needs and we strive to better understand those needs so that we do no harm.
Our Approach to Nutrition Counselling
- We use a team approach to providing care, and involve you (the family!) as part of our team from the start.
- We take a holistic approach to helping families and clients, meaning that we respect the complexity of each family’s life, and believe that a person’s whole wellbeing is more than food and nutrition.
- We believe in staying not only up-to-date but also ahead of the curve on evidence-based best practices for nutrition education and continuously expand our knowledge.
- We strive to make our services as accessible as possible.
- The diverse people who come to The Centre for Family Nutrition see themselves reflected in our work. We seek diversity in our staff and value their abilities to enhance communication with families.
Our Relationship with the Community
- We strive to be trusted by families across the nation, a valued partner in our community and a catalyst for positive change in the lives of our families today and beyond.
- We continuously expand our services to provide far-reaching and high quality support to our community.
- We have a commitment to serving our community and providing opportunities to collaborate on various projects. For example, menu planning for dayhomes and daycares.
- We support organizations, businesses and charities that align with our core values. We also strive to support small businesses, womxn-owned businesses and businesses owned by Black and Indigenous people and people of colour.
- We advocate for mental health and wellbeing.
- We stand in solidarity with our Indigenous peoples and continue to learn more about the true history of Turtle Island.
Our Team Environment
- As dietitians and health professionals, our integrity and ethics will never be compromised.
- We actively pursue excellence and stay on top of evidence-based nutrition practices. We strive to be dynamic, forward-thinking and innovative.
- Teamwork is central to our work. We each take the responsibility to contribute effectively to teams, and take the time to recognize and appreciate the contributions and accomplishments of individuals on our team.
- We believe in supporting mental health and wellbeing among the team.
- We take pride in all that we do!
- We cultivate a workplace culture that is respectful, friendly, helpful, and supportive.
- We have a strong work ethic, but we also find balance in celebrating individual creativity.
- We believe in the healing powers of fun and laughter!