Need a new kid-friendly dinner idea? If you have leftover taco fixings or if you just need a quick and easy (but healthy) dinner option, you’ll love this one!
- 2 thin pre-made (or home-made) crust pizza shells (we got ours from Costco)
- 1 package ground turkey
- 1 low sodium package of taco seasoning (or you can use half like I did)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small can of refried beans (or 1/2 larger can)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup fresh salsa
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, finely chopped
- Any other fresh veggies that you would like to add (chopped)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or Fiesta Mix grated cheese would be good too)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground turkey until fully cooked (no pink), add taco mix and add water and stir. Cook until water has evaporated. Remove from heat and let cool
- Lay your two pizza shells out
- Mix together the refried beans and fresh salsa in a bowl to make the base pizza sauce and spread over pizza shells evenly
- Add the cooked ground turkey mixture on top of the pizza base, spread evenly between both pizzas
- Sprinkle chopped peppers, and any other veggies (besides the tomato) evenly over top of the ground turkey mixture
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over veggies and then top with fresh tomato
- Place the pizzas in oven, directly on oven racks (for crispy crust)
- Cook at 400 F for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown along edges.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes or so, cut and serve along side a salad or raw veggie tray.