These easy, kid-friendly and delicious muffins are perfect for breakfast or a mid-day snack!
If you’re anything like me, you’re constantly looking for fun things to do with your kids, now that they’re at home… 24/7. Sigh….
During the day, despite the fact that I’m trying to continue to work full time (yep), we’re finding time to do arts and crafts, get outside, stay active and test out some new recipes. Because we’re trying to limit the number of times we go out to the grocery store, we try to make the most out of the food we DO have and limit food waste. For us, that means lots of freezer meals and big batches of homemade snack foods like muffins, granola bars and energy balls. Baking with your kids is a great way to kill some time (let’s be honest!), bond with your kiddos in a fun and creative way, and increase their confidence in the kitchen. It’s one of our favourite things to do!
These muffins remind me of Spring, with their lemony flavour and juicy, delicious berries. You can either make them in your blender, or in a bowl by mixing by hand (or an electric hand mixer). My 6-year-old daughter pretty much whipped these up on her own (with a little help from me and her younger brother!).
These muffins are not only delicious (and gluten-free), but packed full of nutrition with lots of fibre, protein and vitamins and minerals. I’ve included nutrient-packed ingredients like Greek yogurt, oats, bananas, blueberries, coconut oil, and more. We hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we do!
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats, ground
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven on bake to 400 degrees
- Grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin
- In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients (except the blueberries) with a whisk or electric handmixer, set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients
- Combine wet and dry ingredients gently (fold in)
- Gently fold in blueberries
- Scoop about 3/4 cup of the mixture into each muffin cup
- Bake at 400 for 19-20 minutes
You can make these either in a blender or in bowls as described above!