This post was written in partnership with my friends at Egg Farmers of Canada and EggCentricTV. As always, all opinions are my own!
We love muffins – especially ones that you can make in a blender! And as a dietitian, I love when I can include nutritious super foods like eggs, omega-3-rich seeds, leafy greens, whole grains and fruit, all into one delicious snack. Bonus: when my kids can do it for me!
As parents, we all know that green vegetables can be a tough sell – most kids go through a phase (or several) where they won’t even touch them. This is normal, but it’s still important to continue re-introducing them in fun and creative ways. Just like in these muffins!
You see, I don’t “sneak” them in, I actually get my kids to put them in. But it shows them that green veggies aren’t so yucky after all, and can be used in lots of yummy ways.
These muffins pack a nutrition punch and include eggs, milk, bananas, oats, chia seeds, and spinach. They’re perfect as an on-the-go breakfast or a snack.
Check out our teaser video here (hint–there’s important instructions on how to enter a contest to win eggs for a year!)
Green Monster Blender Muffins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp BP
- ½ tsp BS
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup milk (or milk alternative)
- 5 cups spinach
- ¼ butter, softened
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 F and grease 2 12-cup muffins tins
- Place dry ingredients in a good quality blender and pulse until finely blended
- Transfer to a medium sized bowl
- Place wet ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Add dry ingredients back, and on low speed, gently blend until smooth.
- Fill 2 12-cup muffin tins from your blender (2/3 full for each cup)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until baked (if you press on top of muffin, it will bounce back)
CONTEST (WIN EGGS FOR A YEAR!):
Want a chance to win free eggs for a year from EggcentricTV? Follow these instructions:
- Simply download the EggcentricTV App, visit the Recipes in Season Channel and watch my full length recipe video of the Green Monster muffins. To download: download for free at the IOS app store OR if you have an android, download for free here.
- Here’s where you need to pay attention: In it, I share a few secret ways to add leafy greens into my kids’ diets. Share one of those “secret” ideas–that you’ll try with your own kids–in the comments below using the hashtag #EggcentricTV and hashtag #WinEggsforaYear for a chance to win!
- For a bonus entry, share your own ideas for adding greens to recipes on social media, using the same hashtags!
For contest rules regulations, click here!