Your pregnancy test is positive, and emotions are plenty! First of all, congratulations. I remember all of these feelings very well. Along with all the excitement comes a lot of questions, especially when it comes to nutrition. I’m here to help!
As a registered dietitian who specializes in child and family nutrition, I’m asked all the time by expectant moms questions like: Which foods should I focus on during pregnancy? Or which nutrients should I be getting more of? Is it safe to drink coffee and consume caffeine during pregnancy?
Not to worry – here’s a breakdown with everything you need to know!
Here’s what this post covers:
- Food aversions and food cravings during pregnancy
- The best foods for a healthy pregnancy
- Pregnancy and weight gain: Are you gaining enough weight?
- Pregnancy and weight gain: Are you gaining too much weight?
- 7 foods to avoid during pregnancy
- Top 5 nutrients for a healthy pregnancy
- Coffee and caffeine during pregnancy
- How to choose a prenatal multivitamin
- 5 refreshing and fruity pregnancy mocktails