What is Mealtimes Solved?
If you want to learn how (and what, when and where) to feed your child with confidence, navigate frustrating and worrisome picky eating challenges, and breathe a sigh of relief when it comes to family mealtimes, this program is for you!
Mealtimes Solved is a comprehensive, video course led by mom-of-3 (and pediatric registered dietitian) Sarah Remmer.
Do you relate?
- You feel defeated, frustrated and/or worried when it comes to feeding your child.
- Family meals feel stressful and daunting.
- You feel like your child eats nothing you serve.
- You experience power struggles with your kids and food.
- You’re tired of kids refusing to eat what’s served and asking for a snack 30 min later.
- You feel lost when it comes to meal ideas, menu plans and recipes that your kids will actually eat.
- You’re worried about your child’s food choices, weight and body image.
- Your child’s weight is creeping up and you’ve discovered that they’re sneaking food.
What you’ll take away from Mealtimes Solved
- Relief knowing that you’re not alone and that you’re an amazing parent doing your best
- The confidence that you need to feed your family well
- A toolkit of strategies, tips, resources, materials, ideas and recipes that will help you feel as confident as possible feeding your child
- Knowledge in nutrition for kids: what to feed, when to feed, where to feed and how to feed, as well as dietary supplements.
- Ideas on how to incorporate more plants into your family’s diet in an affordable and realistic way, as well as what nutrients and foods are most important or growth and development (and why).
- How to recognize and deal with common issues that come up (constipation, tummy troubles) and how to remedy them
- How to teach your child to be a mindful and intuitive eater
- How to talk to your child about their bodies, and food in a way that will foster a healthy food relationship and body image
- How to overcome your own food wounds that might be filtering into the way you’re feeding your child
- How to get on the same page as your spouse/co-parent or co-caregiver about feeding strategies
- How to overcome some barriers to proper feeding involving sensory or oral-motor challenges
- And more!
What Parents Have to Say
As a first time parent, I had so many questions regarding my child’s eating, nutritional needs and overall health. Mealtimes Solved answered all of them and provided me with access to an amazing support network of other parents and industry experts.Megan K.
Mealtimes Solved helped me understand how my “picky eater” FEELS about food; the anxiety and stress and emotions around food and eating. I didn’t have an appreciation for this before as I always chalked it up to my child choosing this behaviour.Trina W.
Thanks Sarah & Co for this wonderful program! My husband and I learned so much about family mealtimes and the how’s and what’s of feeding kids. It makes us feel more confident as we embark on our parenting journey!Felicitas P.
“We can’t get our kids to eat. We also can’t control how much they eat, or how their bodies will grow (as much as we’d like to!). It’s our job to provide the structure, boundaries, and modeling for our kids to grow into adventurous, happy, intuitive eaters; to learn how to trust their own bodies, self-regulate, and love a variety of foods. And I’m going to share exactly how to do that with you.”Sarah Remmer, RD
Here’s What’s Included
The Mealtimes Solved video series
A video series (jam-packed full of helpful tips, tricks, strategies and advice), led by Sarah Remmer, RD and her team of pediatric feeding and behavior guest experts. You can watch these on-demand, at your own pace, and have lifetime access to them.
The Mealtimes Solved booklet
A beautiful 50-page pdf that includes everything you need to know about feeding your child, from preschool to pre-teen. The content is laid out in an easy-to-navigate way (organized into 4 main pillars: the What’s of Feeding, The How’s of Feeding, Navigating Picky Eating, and Protecting Your Child’s Food Relationship), with graphics, examples, and best of all NO JUDGEMENT.
The Mealtimes Solved sample menu plan collection
Four weeks of sample menu plans, including family-friendly meals and snacks and over 40 recipes for you to try with your family. Also included: a blank menu planning template!
The Mealtimes Solved printables collection
Sarah’s Mealtimes Solved printable collection, which includes beautifully designed printable pdf’s to illustrate some of the strategies and tips that she shares in the program.
The Mealtimes Solved recipe collection
Over 40 family-friendly, school-safe recipes, that your entire crew will love. These recipes are tried and true, and will become some of your family’s staples. They’re simple, balanced and nutritious, and best of all delicious!
Ready to finally enjoy peaceful mealtimes and raise confident, adventurous eaters?
More Praise for the Mealtimes Solved Program
I absolutely loved this course. The content was really interesting, fresh and current. It was way beyond “what to feed your kids”, the presentations each week were fabulous. I loved how much confidence it gave me in setting clear limits around mealtime fuss, food choices and what is normal child behaviour about food. Sarah lays everything out in a really clean, beautiful, manageable way. Lots of printable and menus and great information as well as thoughtful responses to personal questions in the Facebook group which I found really helpful. It was worth every minute of the time I put into it. Thanks Sarah!Jennifer A.
I was very impressed with the content and presentation of material in this nutrition course. Sarah is very good at communicating her knowledge about nutrition. It was very easy to follow and understand. The information was amazing and so valuable. It really makes a difference and I hope more people can learn it. The price of the course is so affordable and so worth it. The speakers were great as well and had such great information. I loved that everyone respected children and solutions were from a peaceful point of view versus punishment. This really spoke to me. Thank you so much for a great course.Fauve M.
This program has completely changed the way I feed my daughter’s. I no longer feel stressed at the table if they don’t choose to eat what is served or to take ‘one more bite’. My five year old has already become more adventurous to try new foods and she loves that the pressure is gone. I find the program has changed the way I think around meals and has made me more in touch with how I feel and when I’m full. Family style has been a great addition too and I find I’m eating more variety of fruit and veggies by serving meals this way. Overall, this program exceeded my expectationsHeather H.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How old should my child be if I want to do the program?
Technically this course is designed for parents and caregivers who have children between the ages of one (young toddler) and 12, but I also think that being proactive and learning these strategies PRIOR to these pages is a fantastic idea, so that you feel armed with tools, tips and advice to success later on.
2. Is this program worth the price? How much value will I get?
SO. MUCH. YES. The content and materials included in Mealtimes Solved are valued up to a total of about $2000, or just over our largest nutrition counselling package (which includes 10 private sessions with a registered dietitian). I’ve priced the entire program at less than 1 one-hour session with a registered dietitian, for a few reasons but most importantly, I want this course to be accessible to anyone. Perhaps nutrition counseling is just not an option for your family right now (or you don’t think you’re there yet), or maybe you live outside of Canada, or perhaps you prefer consuming information on an on-demand basis…. Regardless, it was important to me that this course be accessible and affordable for all.
3. Will I have a chance to ask questions?
Yes, you’re welcome to email the CFFN team anytime with questions pertaining to the course!
4. Will you offer menu planning and easy recipe ideas?
Yes! I’ve created 4 custom Mealtimes Solved sample menu plans with 50 easy family-friendly recipes to help you with ideas. I’m also going to be talking about menu planning in the videos as well. I’ve got you!
5. What is your refund policy?
Like the other products in my Shop, Mealtimes Solved is non-refundable. Thank you for your understanding.
6. What are your credentials/qualifications to teach these materials?
I have a Bachelors of Science in Nutrition and Food Sciences, and I’ve been a registered Dietitian for over 14 years. I’m also a mom of 3 and the proud founder and President of The Centre for Family Nutrition (founded in 2015), a Calgary-based nutrition counselling practice that specializes in prenatal, infant, child and adolescent nutrition. I lead a team of amazing dietitian moms who see clients one-on-one to help with feeding and nutrition struggles.
My nutrition philosophy is rooted in Ellyn Satter’s Division of Responsibility in Feeding, The Intuitive Eating Approach, and the Health at Every Size (HAES) approach. I also published my first book with Appetite by Random House in early 2021, entitled Food to Grow On, The Ultimate Guide to Childhood Nutrition—from Pregnancy to Packed Lunches with my colleague and fellow dietitian Cara Rosenbloom, RD. It’s an easy-to-navigate guidebook for parents that answers every nutrition question from prenatal to school-aged!
7. How long will the program take?
You can do this program at your own pace (so, as long as you’d like it to take!). As a busy mom myself, I know how hard it is to fit everything in. That’s why you can go as fast or as slow as you like. It’s up to you! The program is on-demand, so you can come back to it as often as you like!
8. How long do I have access to the materials for?
You have lifetime access to everything!
9. Who is this course NOT for?
This is a tough one… I’m not really sure! I suppose if you’re not willing or able to put in about 20 minutes or so per week of time, or don’t have an open mind to try new strategies or shift your mindset about feeding, nutrition or weight, this might not be the best time for you to take this course.
Ready to finally breathe easy when it comes to feeding your kids?