Counselling Registered Dietitian, British Columbia
We are seeking an experienced Registered Dietitian with a passion for nutrition counseling, intuitive eating, childhood nutrition and women’s health in the province of British Columbia.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a registered dietitian who is looking for a collaborative practice but an independent and flexible position.
You might be a great fit if you:
- Are seeking an opportunity to share your experience, knowledge and passion for nutrition with families
- Are creative and a “think outside the box” dietitian
- Have had at least 5 years of experience with personalized nutrition counselling
- Have hands-on experience as a parent
- Have flexibility and availability during both daytime and some evening appointment slots
- Are independent, ambitious, organized, motivated and driven to build and grow your nutrition counselling practice in British Columbia, under our Centre for Family Nutrition brand.
- Want to work with a collaborative and fun group of women!
- Are able to translate the complex science of nutrition in a relatable, compassionate and engaging way
- Intuitive Eating certification
- Ellyn Satter Institute Affiliate Certified
- SOS (Sequential Oral Sensory) trained
- Masters degree
- Are registered to practice in BC
- Independent contractor consulting/counselling Dietitian
- Location: British Columbia (would be open to other cities/provinces, but must be registered or able to practice in BC)
- We are specifically looking for team members with expertise in one or more of the following areas: pediatrics, pre-natal/post-natal, intuitive eating, weight management, picky eating, food allergies and intolerances
- Must have flexibility during the day (and some evenings) to see clients virtually
- Availability 2-3 days or more per week for bookings.
Benefits of This Opportunity:
Work within an established private practice of 15 years that offers you support:
- Team environment: Share best practices, resources and diverse expertise with like-minded collaborative dietitians and colleagues. Learning/growth opportunities (monthly check-in meetings/rounds, and access to Sarah when needed).
- Flexibility: The ability to control your booking schedule and offer client appointments at flexible times that work around your personal, family and vacation schedule.
- In-place systems: Guidance, training, mentorship, job-shadow and onboarding provided for this role, to set you up for success, while still having the freedom to use your own personal counselling style.
- Business supports: Our practice manages the behind-the-scenes aspects of the business, including website and ongoing maintenance and improvement of it, SEO/Tech services, advertising, business development, financial systems, marketing, supplies/resources, training materials, educational/learning opportunities, health history questionnaires, accounting system, merchant fees, access to Sarah’s book and a collection of handouts/recipes to support your practice etc.
- 5-10 or more years of Dietitian experience.
- Experience in pediatric nutrition and Intuitive Eating
- Good understanding of the Intuitive Eating Approach as well as Ellyn Satter’s sDOR
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia
- Malpractice and Liability insurance (or willingness to purchase).
- Excellent interpersonal, teaching, communication and leadership skills.
- Confident, compassionate, encouraging, and keen to motivate clients.
- Enjoys meal planning, cooking and creative solutions using a non-dieting approach for a variety of lifestyles and nutrition challenges.
- Enjoys networking, working with others and participating in team rounds (and likes to have fun!)
- Motivated to grow their practice
Application Submission Details:
EMAIL your application to email@example.com
Attention to: The Centre for Family Nutrition
Due date for application: Accepting applications as soon as possible until filled
Start date: September 2022
In addition to your resume please submit a cover letter that explains why you are the best fit for this position and why this position appeals to you! Please also include 2 references.
We look forward to hearing from you!