Counselling Registered Dietitian
We are seeking an experienced Registered Dietitian with a passion for nutrition counseling, intuitive eating, childhood nutrition and women’s health.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a dietitian who is looking for a collaborative practice but an independent and flexible position.
You might be a great fit if you:
- Are seeking an opportunity to share your experience, knowledge and passion for nutrition with families
- Are creative and a “think outside the box” dietitian
- Have had at least 5 years of experience with personalized nutrition counselling
- Have hands-on experience as a parent
- Have flexibility and availability to set up your own
- Are independent, ambitious, organized, motivated and driven to build and grow your nutrition counselling practice
- Are able to translate the complex science of nutrition in a relatable, compassionate and engaging way
- Intuitive Eating certification
- Ellyn Satter Institute Affiliate Certified
- SOS (Sequential Oral Sensory) trained
- Are registered in Alberta, but also in Ontario and/or BC
- Independent contractor consulting/counselling Dietitian
- Location: Calgary (would be open to other cities/provinces, but must be registered or able to practice in Alberta)
- We are specifically looking for team members with expertise in one or more of the following areas: pediatrics, pre-natal/post-natal, intuitive eating, weight management, picky eating, food allergies and intolerances
- Must have flexibility during the day (and some evenings) to see clients virtually
- Availability 2-3 days or more per week for bookings.
Benefits of This Opportunity:
Work within an established private practice of 14 years that offers you support:
- Team environment: Share best practices, resources and diverse expertise with like-minded collaborative dietitians and colleagues. Learning/growth opportunities (monthly check-in meetings/rounds, and access to Sarah when needed).
- Flexibility: The ability to control your booking schedule and offer client appointments at flexible times that work around your personal, family and vacation schedule.
- In-place systems: Guidance, training, mentorship, job-shadow and onboarding provided for this role, to set you up for success, while still having the freedom to use your own personal counselling style.
- Business supports: Our practice manages the behind-the-scenes aspects of the business, including website and ongoing maintenance and improvement of it, SEO/Tech services, advertising, business development, financial systems, marketing, supplies/resources, training materials, educational/learning opportunities, health history questionnaires, accounting system, merchant fees Access to Sarah’s book and a collection of handouts/recipes to support your practice etc.
- 5-10 or more years of Dietitian experience.
- Experience in pediatric nutrition
- Good understanding of the Intuitive Eating Approach as well as Ellyn Satter’s sDOR
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Alberta (bonus: or Ontario, Quebec or BC).
- Member of Dietitians of Canada with malpractice insurance (or willingness to join/add).
- Excellent interpersonal, teaching, communication and leadership skills.
- Confident, compassionate, encouraging, and keen to motivate clients.
- Enjoys meal planning, cooking and creative solutions using a non-dieting approach for a variety of lifestyles and nutrition challenges.
- Enjoys networking, working with others and participating in team rounds (and likes to have fun!)
- Motivated to grow their practice
Application Submission Details:
EMAIL your application to email@example.com
Attention: Sarah Remmer, RD Sarah Remmer Nutrition Consulting
Due date for application: Accepting applications as soon as possible until filled
Start date: Flexible
In addition to your resume please submit a cover letter that explains why you are the best fit for this position and why this position appeals to you! Please also include 2 references.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Administrative Assistant (Independent Contract)
The Centre for Family Nutrition is a fast-growing nutrition practice based in Calgary with dietitians specialized in prenatal/post-natal nutrition, infant nutrition, childhood nutrition and women’s health. We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented individual who enjoys a fast-paced, flexible work environment, and making a difference in the health of families.
The successful candidate will have excellent customer service and critical thinking skills. The ability to be self-directed, and complete big picture projects is a must! If you like a challenge, taking on new and exciting projects, and have an interest in helping others – this position is for you!
- Answer client inquiries over email and phone and triage as necessary to the proper dietitian
- Provide clients with proper forms to fill out and send zoom link
- Support staff with general operational tasks
- Plan and schedule meetings, patients, and other operational tasks
- Suggest changes of workflow system to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Writing and revising correspondence and communications to patients, physicians, and companies
- Data entry and reporting
- Billing and accepting payment from clients
- Maintain website including but not limited to: blog and social media scheduling, graphics creation (with templates), writing copy, inputting data, developing surveys
- Social media support
- Help with back-end website tech stuff/SEO
- Design graphics for website and blog posts
- Creating systems for organization (eg. organizing inbox)
- Maintain positive and professional staff and client relationships
- Special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma (post-secondary education in office administration or similar is an asset)
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Daytime availability and flexibility
- Moderating zoom calls or presentations
- Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to active listen, offer compassion
- Proficient in MS Office suite, Email, Internet
- Entry level bookkeeping
- Must be technology savvy and willing to learn new platforms. Experience with WordPress, clinic booking software and Canva is a bonus!
- Interest in social media (will be working with Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram)
- Ability to work under pressure independently, as well as in a team
- Ability to work within a busy environment with interruptions and changing work demands
- Ability to manage time, multiple tasks, prioritize workload, and achieve deadlines under pressure
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work with confidential patient information as required
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest in being part of a health profession is a must
Benefits to this position:
- Team environment: Working with a dynamic team of health professionals. Learning/growth opportunities (monthly check-in meetings/rounds, and access to Sarah when needed).
- Flexibility: Flexibility in working hours, and ability to take vacation or take days off if needed.
- In-place systems: Guidance, training, mentorship, and onboarding provided for this role, to set you up for success, while still having the freedom to use your own personal style when it comes to admin tasks
- Ability to use your creativity and strengths: We are open to different systems, software, and doing things a different way! We encourage initiative and leadership when it comes to designing organizational systems that work well!
Starting hourly wage: $20-25/hour depending on experience
Hours: 3-5 hours a day to start M-F (15-20 hours per week) with the potential to increase. Flexibility during the daytimes and the odd evening is a must.
This position would be great for a parent with school-aged children!
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
Please send resume and salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org