Welcome, I’m so happy you’re here.
This site is a hub for parents navigating the trenches of feeding their families.
This is a no-judgement, relatable space that will help you breathe a sigh of relief knowing that you’re not alone, and there are lots of helpful strategies (and easy recipes for kids) to get you through. With 3 kids of my own and 12 years of experience as a pediatric dietitian, I feel you.
I live through the same feeding struggles myself!
I wholeheartedly believe that healthy feeding dynamics for kids increase the likelihood that they’ll learn to love:
- a variety of nutritious foods
- eat according to their physical hunger
- have a healthy body image
It also decreases their chances of disordered eating patterns, unhealthy weight issues, and food-related chronic disease.
What I know is that how we as parents feed our kids has a massive impact on how they grow up to view food and how they nourish their bodies.
From starting solids, to packing healthy school lunches, to sending kids off to university with a meal card, we have a huge opportunity to shape our kids’ long-term relationship with food.
So, where do you start?!
This getting-started guide includes a list of the top posts in several categories:
- prenatal nutrition
- post-natal nutrition
- infant nutrition and starting baby on solids
- nutrition for toddlers and preschoolers
- nutrition for school-aged kids
- most popular recipes for kids
If you’re looking for more personalized guidance, we offer one-on-one nutrition counselling too, at The Centre for Family Nutrition.
Let’s dive in!
- Help! I’m pregnant and not gaining enough weight
- 7 foods to avoid during pregnancy
- How much caffeine is safe during pregnancy?
- Breastfeeding moms: 8 tips for a smooth transition back to work
- My top 3 favourite (and free) at-home workout videos for busy moms
Infant nutrition and starting baby on solids
- Baby-led weaning: 5 things you need to know before you start
- Choking and baby-led weaning: what you need to know
- 5 ways to use infant cereal for baby-led weaning
- How to transition your baby to milk: a dietitian’s helpful guide
- Starting solids basics: what parents need to know
Toddler and preschool nutrition
- 10 reasons why your child isn’t eating at meals (and what to do)
- The 3-step strategy to get your wiggly kid to sit still at meals
- Has your great eater turned into a picky eater?
- Three easy ways to make veggies more appealing to kids
- The extreme picky eater: when a parent should worry
- The transition to childcare: how to ensure your child continues to eat well
Nutrition for school-aged kids
- What to do when you have a snack-obsessed child
- Are there immune-boosting for kids?
- 5 common kid nutrition myths parents need to ignore
- How to get your kids to pack their own school lunch
- The one thing that transforms my kid’s school lunch from “boring” To “awesome”
Most popular recipes for kids
- Flourless chocolate lentil protein muffins
- Kid-friendly easy vegan lentil nuggets
- 20 easy, nutritious, kid-friendly energy ball recipes
- One-pot southwestern chicken and quinoa skillet
- One-bowl whole grain banana chocolate ship muffins
- 14 comforting slow cooker recipes for busy parents
- 20 recipes for picky eaters (plus tips to make mealtimes easier)