Welcome! I’m so happy you’re here.
If you’re struggling and need some one-on-one nutrition support, we’ve got you! At the Centre for Family Nutrition, our team of amazing pediatric registered dietitians are here to support you. We have all of the tools that you need to feed your family successfully and overcome your feeding and nutrition challenges.
Just here to grab some nutrition and feeding advice or try out some new delicious recipes? We’ve got you covered!
This is a no-judgement, relatable space that will help you breathe a sigh of relief knowing that you’re not alone, and there are lots of helpful strategies to get you through.
I wholeheartedly believe that healthy feeding dynamics for kids increase the likelihood that they’ll learn to:
- love a variety of nutritious foods
- eat according to their physical hunger
- have a healthy body image
It also decreases their chances of disordered eating patterns, unhealthy weight issues, and food-related chronic disease. What I know is that how we as parents feed our kids has a massive impact on how they grow up to view food and how they nourish their bodies. From starting solids, to packing healthy school lunches, to sending kids off to university with a meal card, we have a huge opportunity to shape our kids’ long-term relationship with food. Our nutrition practice, content, mission and values are grounded in Ellyn Satter’s Division of Responsibility in Feeding, Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch’s Intuitive Eating philosophy and The Health and Every Size approach.
So, where to start?!
This getting-started guide includes a list of the top posts in several categories:
- prenatal nutrition
- post-natal nutrition
- infant nutrition and starting baby on solids
- nutrition for toddlers and preschoolers
- picky eating help
- nutrition for school-aged kids
- most popular recipes for kids
Remember, if you’re looking for more personalized guidance, we offer one-on-one nutrition counselling too, at The Centre for Family Nutrition.
- The Dietitian’s Ultimate Guide to Pregnancy Nutrition
- Help! I’m pregnant and not gaining enough weight
- 7 foods to avoid during pregnancy
- How much caffeine is safe during pregnancy?
- Breastfeeding moms: 8 tips for a smooth transition back to work
- How to safely pump and store breastmilk
- My top 3 favourite (and free) at-home workout videos for busy moms
Infant nutrition and starting solids
- Baby-led weaning: 5 things you need to know before you start
- Choking and baby-led weaning: what you need to know
- 5 ways to use infant cereal for baby-led weaning
- How to transition your baby to milk: a dietitian’s helpful guide
- Starting solids basics: what parents need to know
Toddler and preschool nutrition
- 10 reasons why your child isn’t eating at meals (and what to do)
- The 3-step strategy to get your wiggly kid to sit still at meals
- Has your great eater turned into a picky eater?
- Three easy ways to make veggies more appealing to kids
- The extreme picky eater: when a parent should worry
- The transition to childcare: how to ensure your child continues to eat well
Picky eating help
- The Dietitian’s Ultimate Guide to Picky Eating
- I’m worried that my picky eater is under weight
- 10 reasons your child isn’t eating and what to do
- How to manage picky eating during the holidays
- 20 Recipes for picky eaters
- Top 5 ways to get your child to try new foods
Nutrition for school-aged kids
- What to do when you have a snack-obsessed child
- Are there immune-boosting for kids?
- 5 common kid nutrition myths parents need to ignore
- How to get your kids to pack their own school lunch
- The one thing that transforms my kid’s school lunch from “boring” To “awesome”
Most popular recipes for kids
- Flourless chocolate lentil protein muffins
- Kid-friendly easy vegan lentil nuggets
- 20 easy, nutritious, kid-friendly energy ball recipes
- One-pot southwestern chicken and quinoa skillet
- One-bowl whole grain banana chocolate ship muffins
- 14 comforting slow cooker recipes for busy parents
- 20 recipes for picky eaters (plus tips to make mealtimes easier)
How to connect with me
If you can’t seem to find what you’re looking for, please email me or contact me on social media and I can help you find your way and lead you to the best resources.