I’m going to keep this post short and sweet and to-the-point, because I know you’re busy. We’re moms, and we need quick and easy recipes that we can throw together at the last minute, right? As much as I make it a priority to meal plan, there are often days where I rely on last-minute, stand-by recipes that I know I have the ingredients for. Bonus–I can use up ingredients in my fridge that are on their way out. Enter: Clean-Out-The-Fridge Weeknight Fried Rice, a delicious, nutritious, one-pan meal that the whole family will love. Better than take-out by a long shot!
- Leftover cooked meat, chicken fish or seafood (about 8-10 oz total ie. one pork tenderloin or 2 chicken breast)
- 3 cups leftover brown or white basmati rice
- 2 cups chopped fresh veggies
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2.5 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a large wok, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, veggies, peas and sauté until tender-crisp (a few minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium-low, move veggies to one side of pan and add whisked egg. Cook until eggs are scrambled.
- Add rice, meat/chicken/seafood and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add soy sauce and combine, sautéing for another few minutes. Allow a few minutes to cool and serve!
For more tasty (and easy!) recipes, check out my Facebook page, where I post daily nutrition tips and meal ideas!