Easy, healthy bites and bars recipes that are perfect for spring break (or ‘just because’) snacking!
These snack recipes are perfect for inviting your kids to explore new foods while having fun in the kitchen when you’re at home for spring break! Note: any recipe that calls for nut butter, feel free to substitute with a nut-free seed butter if allergies are a concern.
- 1 cup red lentils (cooked)
- 2 cups water
- 3 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup flour (I used whole grain)
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup raw almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine water and lentils in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer (uncovered) for 20-25 minutes. Drain excess liquid and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine oats, flour, flax, coconut, almonds, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk together until well blended.
- In a separate large bowl, combine lentils, peanut butter, honey, maple syrup, and vanilla. Blend with a hand blender or manually with a whisk.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until just blended. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased 9" X 13" baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top
- Allow to cool, cut into bars and serve as a snack on their own, or pair with fruit for healthy on-the-go breakfast.
Inspired by: Two Saucy Sister's Grab And Go Chocolate Chip Lentil Granola Bars
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.