THESE 5-INGREDIENT COOKIE DOUGH PROTEIN BALLS ARE AS EASY TO MAKE AS THEY ARE DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS. GLUTEN-FREE AND VEGAN, THEY’RE A PERFECT HEALTHY SNACK FOR EVERYONE!
The warmer the weather gets, the more we’re outside, and the more I’m looking for easy, nutritious, on-the-go snacks for my kids. Some of my favourite snacks to give (and eat) are energy/protein balls. They’re so easy make, don’t require baking, they’re virtually mess free, and you can pack SO much nutrition into them. What more could a mom want?
I managed to pack a lot into these little protein bites – lentils, coconut flour, and natural peanut butter provide protein and fibre (among many other essential nutrients), which help to keep tummies full and sustain energy levels. And adding dark chocolate chips, vanilla and maple syrup give them the perfect “cookie dough” flavour.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (or any other nut or seed butter)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup lentils (I used canned brown lentils – drained and rinsed)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients except for chocolate chips into a food processor or good quality blender and blend until smooth (will be dense and thick).
- With a spatula or wooden spoon, mix in chocolate chips until dispersed evenly.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop or small spoon, spoon out small amounts and roll into 1-inch balls. Place on a non-stick baking sheet (or parchment-lined baking sheet), evenly spaced.
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes prior to serving. Place in a parchment-lined container to store either in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!